Why are vitamins important to your body?
Vitamins are essential compounds that help the body to grow and function optimally. Different vitamins have different roles, and the human body needs them in different quantities.
Fast facts on vitamins
- The13 essential vitamins are—A, C, D, E, K and B (thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, biotin, B6, B12, and folate).
- Vitamin A is also known as retinol supports good vision, immune function, skin, bones and healthy pregnancy.
- Vitamin C is also known as ascorbic acid supports the absorption of the iron and also provides immune protection and encourages healthy tissue development.
- Vitamin D is needed to boost bone health. It is available as a nutrient in the food and a hormone our bodies make through sun exposure.
- Vitamin E helps to maintain healthy skin and eyes. It strengthens the body's natural defence against illness and infection.
- Vitamin K helps in blood clotting and regulating the blood calcium levels.
- The eight B vitamins make the B complex family of vitamins. They support a healthy metabolism, brain function, hormone production, regular heart operations and the functioning of the central nervous system.
If you're unsure whether you're getting an adequate amount of vitamins, consult with your doctor.
Now you can buy nutritional supplements online affordably and ensure you and your loved ones are getting the daily recommended intake of essential vitamins, minerals and other important nutrients necessary for optimal health. They come in a variety of forms: traditional tablets, capsules, and powders, as well as drinks and energy bars. We are among one of the best online providers of vitamins and supplements.